Luke Drummond? Who?

Primarily an instrumental composer, I have always been interested in the electronic and digital side of music, particularly where it is possible to explore a perceptive boundary. The fine distinctions we make as listeners between noise and timbre, as well as the natural crossovers between resonance, pulse, pitch and other greater durational aspects of musical structure are some of the things I have explored in my most recent work as a composer. Although not particularly skilled in digital media, I do have some basic experience with electronics, C programming, and sound recording. I would be really interested to explore some of the less-familiar sounds implicit in the sonorities western composers are most familiar with. I am also interested in the notational problems inherent in this medium. Shiori's comes to mind...

Comments